Patient and Family Advisory Council at Edinburg Regional Medical Center
The council is a collaboration of former patients, family members, clinical staff and administrators for Edinburg Regional Medical Center to promote and provide guidance on patient experience and patient quality.
The goals of the council are to:
- Improve patient experience
- Provide better patient-centered care
- Bring the patient’s needs and concerns forward
- Guide priorities and planning for the future
- Create a lasting relationship between the hospital and the Edinburg community
We want to make sure the patient’s voice is heard and incorporate it into how make decisions and provide care in the community.
We are looking for patients or family members with recent experience at the ERMC facility who are willing to discuss their experiences and collaborate with hospital staff and other patients on how to improve our facility for our patients and community. Members will be required to attend one meeting every quarter and must be willing to participate.
Good candidates include those with the ability to share insights and experiences in a way so that others can learn, people who can look beyond personal experiences, have exceptional listening skills and respect for others and can work within a group.
What’s in it for you?
- Have a chance to volunteer in the community and have your voice heard
- Gain a better understanding of the healthcare system
- Have hospital staff and leaders listen to your opinions and feedback
- Understand how you can be a patient or family advocate in the future and become an active participant in your own healthcare
- Network and meet other individuals in the community
- An opportunity to learn new skills