Emergency Care for Heart Attack, Stroke, Trauma and More
Edinburg Regional Medical Center provides emergency care for adults with advanced medical technology and dedicated doctors, emergency care nurses and other professionals. You can rely on Edinburg Regional Medical Center for quality emergency care 24 hours a day.
The hospital is an accredited Chest Pain Center, a certified Primary Stroke Center and a Level IV Trauma Center. If you are having a medical emergency, don’t wait. Go to the nearest emergency room or call 9-1-1 immediately!
When treating trauma, experience counts. The physicians and nurses in the Emergency Department have years of experience in treating all types of trauma, from broken bones to serious wounds.
Advanced emergency care at Edinburg Regional Medical Center includes:
- Early intervention for heart attacks
- Early intervention for strokes
- Treating fractures and sprains
- Asthma management
- Treating lacerations, crush injuries and abrasions
- Migraine treatment
- Acute abdominal pain evaluation and management
- Treating acute eye conditions
- Treatment for infections, including pneumonia, kidney infections and skin infections
- Treatment for issues associated with diabetes, obstructive lung disease, heart disease and chronic medical problems
Senior Care Emergency Room
At Edinburg Regional Medical Center, we developed a new Senior Care ER that works to help keep you safe and comfortable.
This ER includes special services to help improve your comfort and safety, including:
- Separate treatment rooms
- Large print signage and forms
- Warm, non-slip flooring
- Pressure reducing mattresses
- Safety rails and step stools
- Blanket warmers
- Pillows with built-in speakers
- Reading and hearing amplification devices
- Specially trained staff that understands the unique needs of seniors
We are the only facility in the Rio Grande Valley to offer a senior care ER.
Helicopter Landing Pad
Edinburg Regional Medical Center is equipped with a helicopter landing pad for air support. The landing pad allows air ambulances to transfer patients to trauma units and receive patients from remote areas without local hospitals.
Air ambulances are useful when a patient needs to be relocated to a different hospital in a short time period, rather than driving the patient.
Find a Doctor
To find a doctor that's right for you, call the South Texas Health System Reserve and Learn line at 800-879-1033.